t: 01865 862909
- 2nd September 2016
- Posted by: Springboard
- Category: Trainer Profile
I have been a Springboard trainer since 2006, and since 2010 have been studying and developing expertise as a coach. My principle is to support clients in finding the right answers for themselves as individuals – this is an intriguing process because there are as many possibilities and ‘right’ answers as there are people. It is deeply satisfying to see how , when individuals have found their right answers, their organisations benefit from the increased confidence, sense of focus, productivity and creativity that ensue.
As well as delivering Springboard and providing coaching, I am experienced in delivering and facilitating soft skills development such as time management and building productive relationships.
Much of my own learning has resulted from overcoming a phobia and facing and dealing with other challenges. I have been supported by many people, not the least of which have been some very wise women. Attending Springboard helped me to realise that I was responsible for my own destiny and now I support this process in others.
I work for Oxford University: as well as delivering Springboard for female staff I provide a wide range of training and coaching for research scientists in the University. The scientists I work with have the potential to change our world for the better, and I hope that what I do underpins their work by helping them develop a strong sense of self and the resilience and confidence to succeed in the topsy-turvy world of life and work.
I also deliver Springboard independently. My clients have benefited from the expertise I have gained at Oxford: I bring experience of working with women staff and researchers in academia. My independent work has extended this experience to working with a wider range of women. Some of the results for these women and their employers have included increased confidence, increased productivity and a positive and constructive approach to working relationships.
Having been helped by wise women in the past, I now aspire to being one myself! I work towards this goal by bringing together my life experience and my training, facilitation and coaching skills for the benefit of my clients.
Some of them have said:
- “An excellent trainer / facilitator: leading our learning in the structured parts of the programme, letting us almost forget her presence during the group work and yet being available when needed. Flexible enough to adapt her schedule to suit our needs while fitting everything in, and allowing us enough space and time to share concerns”
- “She was all-round good – authoritative, clear, structured, approachable”
- “Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, willing to share her own stories. Had a wealth of information and wisdom to pass on.”
- “Alison clearly enjoys doing Springboard and that really helped me feel comfortable with the programme. She really does seem to embody everything that Springboard teaches –for example when she asked for feedback she genuinely did take it ‘as a gift’, considering it and thinking about it.”