Originally commissioned by the UK Home Office, Development Plus is for senior women reaching for the top
Originally commissioned by the UK Home Office, this challenging and highly specialised development programme has been designed to tackle the issues for women approaching the ‘glass ceiling’
With women approaching the top of organisations, the development issues are often highly specific to the individual and the organisation so Development Plus is a bespoke programme, researched, tailored and designed each time. We tailor and deliver the programme ourselves and do not license trainers for Development Plus.
Who is it designed for ?
Development Plus is designed for women aspiring to reach the top of their organisations, or senior management levels, or senior Civil Service roles currently dominated by men.
Women approaching promotion ‘assessment centres’.
What does the programme consist of?
Delivered over a period of a several months, and accommodating pressing work requirements, Development Plus consists of:
- intensely practical one and two-day modules spread over six to nine months
- one-to-one coaching
- a tastefully produced briefcase-style folder containing specifically tailored course materials, all in one place, and a specially recorded relaxation CD
- specialist input from more senior managers in the organisation
- individually tailored assignments running between the modules
What results can I expect?
Development Plus delivers tangible benefits for senior women and their organisations which are clustered under these headings:
- 10% achieved promotion – before the course had finished
- 30% applied for a higher grade – before the course had finished
- 90% of participants said they had a better awareness of top level
- 100% said their self recognition of management strengths had
- ‘having clear career strategies’ increased ten-fold
- over 50% said their work life balance was now ‘definitely in balance’
- almost 100% reported the ’ability to communicate at all levels’ (from 67%)
- knowledge of, and access to, sources of support – increased
- emotional intelligence – increased
- effective networking – more than doubled
- managing pressure – ability increased
- confidence – increased
- skills development awareness – increased fourfold
- 80% accessed coaching and mentoring support
- 33% reported improved stress management
A thought provoking and challenging experience, which made me realise once you reach the Senior Civil Service you need to prepared to step up to the mark and lead the way.
Yvonne Thomas, EDRM Deployment Manager
My coaching session with Jenny Daisley was, by far, the most valuable one-to-one session I have had in the workplace over the last 5 years.
Danielle Hudson, Her Majesty’s Prison Service
I found the course stimulating and helpful; it provided me with both practical tools and some conceptual models to help my development. The access to coaching was a really helpful element of the course as was the modular structure. I warmly recommend it to others.
Cristina Strood, Analyst, Reform and Change Team
It was a good forum for confidence building and realising that you are not alone.
Kim Wilkin, Assistant Director of IND Resourcing Solutions Team
I really enjoyed the experience, although it was challenging at times. I felt energised and more confident after each session.
Carolyn Spencer, Head of Business Change
- Contact us direct to discuss how we can deliver similar results with the senior women in your organisation.